RE: VB/ADO/RDO/DAO/OHNO/UHOH and transactions

  • From: "Justin Cave (DDBC)" <jcave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:35:52 -0600

The default for all these is that transactions are handled "stupidly". =20

In both ODBC and OLE DB (which all these API's are built on), the
default is to autocommit, so every successful SQL statement is
automatically committed.  All these API's will have an option to disable
autocommit, in which case you will have to call an explicit commit
procedure.

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC