Re: Trace Analyzer - Wow

  • From: Robyn <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nigel.cl.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:14:01 -0500

Nigel,

Yes, this is the same daughter.  She's not managing the geeks, just working
with them, but she is hoping to get the genius admin position sometime
soon.  It's funny that a college student gets the earned respect concept and
latency hiding when so few project managers do.  She was also disturbed by
her stores attempts to clean up the geeks appearance - she realizes that the
oddness of the people working there is part of the mystique of Apple and
doesn't want to see it changed.

One of the biggest fallacies of project management is the idea that a good
project manager can manage any kind of project.  Doubt I can convince her to
go into IT project management though.  She plans to go for a Masters in
librarian-ism at some college in Seattle next.  Apparently those that are
smart enough to recognize the challenges of managing geeks are also smart
enough to know they don't want the job. :)

cheers ... Robyn