Re: Trace Analyzer - Wow

  • From: Robyn <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:02:53 -0500

And it seems that scheduling to minimize latency may be a genetic trait ...

My daughter is home for Thanksgiving.  I asked her to do something, and her
answer was "Sure but let me put this in the oven first.  I like to start the
thing I have to wait for before I do something else."

When I told her she was practicing latency hiding, she thought that was
funny, but launched into a complaint about the ordering of the recipes a few
minutes later, as in: "Why do they tell you to grease the pans first, when
there's going to be a bunch of times where you have to wait a few minutes
anyway and you could do it then?"

Plus she started her laundry before any of this .... she's better at latency
hiding than I am.  Too bad she's a Poly Sci major ...

too funny :)

--
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up
where I needed to be.