RE: Tool recommendation

  • From: Upendra N <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 01:07:05 -0400

Cary,
That is very true. Though most of their data comes from individual tables,
occasionally they may join..
I will also put some additional restrictions on their profile.
Thanks for catching it!
-Upendra

From: cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:54:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Tool recommendation
To: nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx; mark.powell2@xxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All these thoughts of people who don't know SQL writing SQL, returning results
sets with six-figure cardinalities, ...quite arousing.

Sounds like the opening chapter of an interesting story. :-)

Giddy-up!

Cary Millsap
Method R Corporation
http://method-r.com
http://carymillsap.blogspot.com

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Upendra N <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for everyone who responded.
I'll enable sqlnet.expire_time, that should handle the dead connections.

I checked out SQL Developer, it is a nice query tool but not intuitive enough
for some one who doesn't know SQL.

Right now in MS Access the business users drag/drop columns to build a query,
anything similar in nature would be easier for me to sell.
Am I just being paranoid or Access is capable of handling large queries (upto
~200K records)?

-Upendra