Re: The problem is that SQL*Net is too chatty, because FTP runs fine.

  • From: "David Taft" <oradbt054@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carel-Jan Engel" <careljan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:57:47 -0500

Carel-Jan

The initial indication on some of the throughput graphs do indicate that
something like this was happening, which is why the DBAs on this task
thought it was network related.  I can't blame them for thinking that since
every other time these type of issues have been network related.  However, I
just received the preliminary results from the new round of testing.
Initial indications are that it is a 9i to 10g issue.  Hmmm, maybe a
consistent test plan with minimal variables is paying off?  The plan now is
see what happens with a 10g listener on the 9i source database, so that
there is a 10g listener servicing both ends.  I will keep the list posted
and thanks for everyones' input thus far.

David