Re: The problem is that SQL*Net is too chatty, because FTP runs fine.

  • From: "David Taft" <oradbt054@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carel-Jan Engel" <careljan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:30:01 -0500

Carel-Jan,

I just reread this post.  Even if this issue is not a caused by the network,
the ssh suggestion is a great idea for potential future issues that are of
the network nature you described.  We use ssh tunnels around here a lot from
our desktops to remote databases, but have yet to try server to server
tunnels.  Did you use ssh compression for that tunnel?

David