Re: TNSNAMES.ORA QUEUESIZE?

  • From: Sheldon Quinny <sheldonquinny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 10:47:59 +0300

QUEUESIZE
*Purpose*

Use the parameter QUEUESIZE to specify the number of concurrent connection
requests that the listener can accept on a TCP/IP or IPC listening endpoint
(protocol address).

Embed this parameter at the end of the protocol address with its value set
to the expected number of concurrent connection requests.

*Default*

The default number of concurrent connection requests is operating system
specific. Following are the defaults for the Solaris Operating System and
Windows:

   -

   Solaris Operating System: 5
   -

   Windows NT 4.0 Workstation: 5
   -

   Windows NT 4.0 Server: 50

*Example*

*listener_name*=
 (DESCRIPTION=
  (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hr-server)(PORT=1521)*(QUEUESIZE=20)*))