Re: Standby database switching between read-only and recovery modes question

  • From: Jack Applewhite <jack.applewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 19:48:14 +0000

We do this with a Prod DB of about 200GB and moderately active. We've found
that it takes less than two hours for the Standby to catch up with Prod, so we
do a shutdown abort at 4am, put it in recovery mode until 6am, when we open it
readonly. No complaints that a 4am cut-off is a problem

----
Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator
Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)