Re: Standard Edition Recycle Bin

  • From: "Charlotte Hammond" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx" <freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx>, "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 06:59:42 -0700

Ah, thank you, well that would be great if that's the case!   Are you able to
point to some docs which distinguish between the two?

Thanks!
Charlotte

On Friday, September 12, 2014 2:14 PM, Freek D'Hooge <freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi,

I think "flashback table" and "flashback table to before drop" are 2 different
licensing things.
Flashback table will use the data from the undo tablespaces, while "flashback
table to before drop" is just flipping a status flag.

Similar statements, entirely different working

Regards,

Freek

On vr, 2014-09-12 at 03:34 -0700, Charlotte Hammond wrote:
Hi All,

Just a quick sanity check :- is there any point in leaving the recycle bin
enabled (the default)  in SE/SE1?   Since Flashback Table is not available in
SE I don't see any point.

Hmm,  I had thought that we were reasonably safe from accidentally using
un-licenced features in SE and was expecting ORA-00439: feature not enabled for
flashback table (rather than it actually working).   I wish Oracle wouldn't
enable stuff by default you can't actually use (particularly in SE when you
don't even get the option to pay to use it).   Fortunately this DB wasn't in
commission yet, so I can call it evaluation(!), and go and rebuild it again
without the recycle bin.....

Charlotte