Re: Slightly OT: Flash Storage

  • From: Biju Thomas <biju.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 21:12:13 -0600

Thank you all. We also use VMAX where SSD pool is used for few customer
Oracle databases. But do not have all flash database yet. I think the cost
is still high for SSD/flash storage when coming to big databases (hence not
commonly adopted by mid-size market - correct?), but there is no question
on performance benefit I think. We saw the EBS R12 upgrade time reduce in
almost half just by moving the storage from EMC Clarion to EMC VMAX.

Biju Thomas

<http://about.me/biju.thomas>