Re: Shutdown Abort

  • From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:24:57 +0200

Andrew Kerber schrieb:
This is my last word on the discussion. We simply disagree and arent going to change any minds. By the way, we have an HA requirement, and do not use shutdown abort as a standard. When we have to shut down one of our HA instances, we use shutdown immediate, and if it doesnt shut down the instance in reasonable time (5 minutes or so), we will shutdown abort, followed by startup restrict, shutdown normal.

i've noticed, 'shutdown immediate' issued twice will result in a faster shutdown. if the first 'shutdown immediate' takes too long i cancel it and issue the command again. the second shutdown shuts the instance immediately down. i don't know why but it works with my instances.

regards,
-ap