SQL *Net more data from client - waiting too long

  • From: "dd yakkali" <dd.yakkali@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:49:37 -0500

I have a developer 6i forms application, when they search on one particular
screen, screen intermittently hangs for about 3 to 4 minutes. when I look at
the back end the session is waiting on "SQL *Net more data from client"
event for more than 3 minutes. While this freeze is going on, I had the user
do a tnsping and regular ping to see whether there is a network hiccup, none
was found.

Can any one please explain me what "SQL *Net more data from client"
event means. What can I do to drill more into this issue?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Deen