Re: SQL *Net more data from client - waiting too long

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kerber, Andrew" <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 18:54:42 +0000

On 1/9/07, Kerber, Andrew <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 It also means its not a problem w/ Oracle, it's a problem with the
application.

Absolutely not picking on Andrew here, since this and some of the
implications are a common view, but am I the only one to think that the
distinction is somewhat false. Technically a bad app is not my problem as a
DBA, but professionally and in reality I view it as my problem to diagnose,
report and offer solution with applications. In other words I see
application level design and performance problems as part of my purview.
What do others think?
--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA