Re: Running multiple Oracle homes on Windows

  • From: Norman Dunbar <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:17:13 +0100

On 18/04/12 20:43, David Fitzjarrell wrote:
> Oracle used to install the Oracle Home Selector, a utility that would do some
> 'magic' in the registry to make the desired Oracle home location the current
> home.  I'm not sure if it is still installed or not; the Oracle home info is
> in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Oracle) so you could also
> manually edit this information if need be.

This ceased to be installed after 9.2 I'm afraid. Oracle 10g installed
differently o n Windows and I seem to remember having to run the
installer each time I wanted to change the version of client I needed to
use.

It was working perfectly until 10g came along, but then Oracle changed
it - and basically removed the Windows equivalent of "oraenv" so loved
by us Unix bods. A retrograde step in my (occasionally humble) opinion!

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar