Re: Restricting Oracle to one processor

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:50:52 -0700 (PDT)

While the license issue is equally important, I want to point out that in

"Oracle9i Release 2 Database Architecture on Windows
An Oracle Technical White Paper
April 2003"

Oracle does state they support processor affinity:

"Much like the ORACLE_PRIORITY setting, the ORACLE_AFFINITY registry
setting allows a database administrator to assign the entire Oracle process or
individual threads in that process to particular CPUs or groups of CPUs in the
system."

You can search for "ORACLE_AFFINITY" on tahiti.oracle.com for official
documentation. The registry setting exists for 9i, 10g and 11g.

Yong Huang