Replication question

  • From: Sandeep Dubey <dubey.sandeep@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:08:30 -0400

Hi,
 I have three identical databases say A, B and C. I want to replicate from A
and B to C. Meaning C will have its own data plus the data from A and B. I
can not create a db link from A or B pointing to C for security reasons.
Also handing over the stream_admin password of C to A and B to push their
changes through streams is not very good idea. I can not have multimaster
replication as C is not sending its change to A or B.
 Please suggest how this can be done? Is any one using streams to capture
data from remote database to your data center? Seems like streams push
technology is a security hole.
 Thanks
 Sandeep