RE: Database recovery problem

  • From: "Onkarnath Tiwari" <onkar.tiwari@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Michael McMullen'" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mladen Gogala'" <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:29:34 +0530

I got my database open. I just took that datafile offline using the command
told and then taken a backup of the controlfile and issued the command
recover database using backup controlfile until cancel and on prompting for
archive log , I passed the online redo log file name with absolute path and
bingo.. it worked.

Anyways thanx a million to Tom, Michael & Gogala for all ur response and
guidance.

Thanks & Regards,

T.Onkar Nath
Oracle DBA