RE: Renaming schemas directly

  • From: "Bellows, Bambi (Comsys)" <bbel5@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:59:48 -0500

The problem with that is that you cannot remap schemas and tablespaces
in a single datapump or exp/imp operation.  I can do one or the other.
I am in a situation where we need to allow the users to do both, which
means that it is clearly a post-processing step.  If the users migrate
all tablespaces for a particular schema we can rename the schema as part
of the operation and then rename tablespaces in the post-processing
step, but if they only bring over one tablespace out of 12, and rename
that and also want to rename the schema at the same time, the
datapump/exp operation is at the tablespace level and the schema needs
to change in the post-processing step.