Re: Renaming schemas directly

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 22:26:41 +1000

Yup, I can certainly second that.
It's how I refresh one of our development tablespaces
from a production datapump export.  Works perfectly,
did it also today (must be the start of the month?)
10.2.0.3 here.
--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

Yechiel Adar wrote,on my timestamp of 1/09/2009 3:16 PM:
I beg to differ.
You can use remap schema together with remap tablespace in one datapump import run.
I just did this 4 times yesterday.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Bellows, Bambi (Comsys) wrote: Renaming schemas directly
The problem with that is that you cannot remap schemas and tablespaces in a single datapump or exp/imp operation.