RE: RMAN catalog standard edition

  • From: "James Thomson" <jrthomso@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:05:51 -0800

The main one we came across is that incremental backups are not possible, at
least on 9.2.0.5.   RMAN is kind enough to inform you of this if you try it:

RMAN-03002: failure of backup command at 01/12/2005 11:44:46
RMAN-06180: incremental backups require Enterprise Edition

There are a few other restrictions outlined in the Oracle 9i Database
Product Family available on OTN.

James Thomson
Database Administrator
University of Victoria