Re: RMAN "Memory fault"

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:31:46 -0600

Not sure what platform you're on, but it sounds to me like a 64-bit shared library being referenced by a 32-bit executable. Or vice versa...

Have you used "ldd $ORACLE_HOME/bin/rman" and seen it come back clean without error messages? Have you used the UNIX command "file <xxx>" where "<xxx>" is the filename of the RMAN executable as well as each of the shared libraries displays by the "ldd" command, and had the output from the "file" come back consistent for the type of application that "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/rman"?

I'm thinking that perhaps LD_LIBRARY_PATH or SHLIB_PATH (or whatever is appropriate for your platform) is pointing to the wrong shared libraries...

Just a guess....

Allen, Brandon wrote:
It looks to me like maybe the OS admins have something setup to
automatically kill processes that exceed a certain memory or CPU usage
threshold - maybe check with your Unix admin if you haven't already?
I've had similar issues in the past where processes were automatically
killed for using too much CPU.

Regards,
Brandon