Re: RMAN Duplication for Migration and Archived Logs

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 08:44:55 -0500

Sanda, as I said before, I use RMAN DUPLICATE to restore my 32-bit
prod db to our 64-bit dev box.  This obviously has to apply archived
redo logs for the PITR.

The only caveat is that the DUPLICATE command *will* fail at the end
due to the word size issues.  That's when you need to follow the
instructions in that MetaLink note to recompile all of the PL/SQL in
the database.  Should work from there on out.

Here is what you'll see when the error strikes at the end:

database opened
Finished Duplicate Db at 27-JUN-07
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-12005: error during channel cleanup
ORA-06544: PL/SQL: internal error, arguments: [56319], [], [], [], [], [], [], [
]
ORA-06553: PLS-801: internal error [56319]

RMAN>

Recovery Manager complete.

Don.

--