Re: RMAN Duplication for Migration and Archived Logs

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:54:29 -0400

We use DUPLICATE FOR STANDBY all the time.
Works like a charm (don't forget to create standby controlfile with RMAN first).
Basically, DUPLICATE FOR STANDBY does the same and normal DUPLICATE
but doesn't open database at the end and also restores standby
controlfile instead of normal one.

--
Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex http://www.oracloid.com