Re: RE: Oracle 10g beta certification exam for New Features

  • From: tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:10:16 -0600 (MDT)

Something important to note...

When I took the 8i beta certfication, I was charged "only" $25.00, but the test
was much longer and they solicited feedback on each question.

When I didn't receive my certification in the mail over the next couple months,
I called Oracle to ask when I would receive it.

It turns out that passing the beta certification did not confer certification.
I had taken the exam with the understanding that I was getting certified for
less money (i.e. $25.00 instead of $100, $125, $400, etc).  Instead, it turns
out that I was being charged $25.00 for the privilege of helping Oracle beta
test their exam.

I had to take the test again, paying $125, in order to receive my certification.

I don't know whether this is true of the 10g beta...