RE: RE: Oracle 10g beta certification exam for New Features

  • From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 05:32:18 +1000

Tim

That's certainly changed.  In fact I don't recall it being like that at all=
.  Was it the new features exam (which upgrades your existing certification=
, so did you already have that?) or was it one of the suite of exams you ne=
ed to pass to get your original certification?

If you are already certified with a previous version, and you take the beta=
 exam, you will get your certification upgraded to the newer version.  That=
's how I've done it every time since the original 7.3 certification, becaus=
e I've ALWAYS done the beta to provide feedback (being a good corporate cit=
izen and all that crap).  In fact the only reason I did any other exam was =
for either reviewing books on them as a tech editor, or writing the book I =
did for the 8i Exam Cram series.

 =

Pete
 =

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
 =

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA