RE: RE: Oracle 10g beta certification exam for New Features

  • From: "Thomas Biju" <BThomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:55:18 -0500

And that is true. Since Oracle7.3 (including 7.3 beta, which was 5 free exa=
ms) I have taken the beta exam to upgrade certification to 8, 8i
and 9i. For all the exams I took, Oracle "said" I "passed" the exam and sen=
t me the certificate and logo....

In the Oracle10g exam I took, there were not many surprises on the type of =
questions or content. The objectives published on the website and
the content of the 10gNF 5day course cover all the questions.

http://education.oracle.com/web_prod-plq-dad/plsql/show_desc.redirect?dc=3D=
D17079GC10&p_org_id=3D1001&lang=3DUS&source_call=3D

You can get the topics from the above link, refer Freeman's book to get a g=
eneral idea and reference the Oracle documentation for more
information. I guess, those who participated in the Oracle10g beta already =
have the training material from Oracle which covers all these
topics...

I felt there was more concentration on ASM and Flashback. There were also q=
uestions very specific testing the name of a procedure, a
parameter or a keyword!!

Now, I have to wait 3+ months to know if I should pay and take the exam aga=
in!!!

Good luck!!

Biju