Re: Questions for a Jr. DBA

  • From: Rumpi Gravenstein <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdinh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 13:04:38 -0500

One issue that hasn't been mentioned and perhaps should is that if you are
interviewing referrals provided by an agency, the responses tend to get
better over time.  What I have seen is that the referring agency begins to
anticipate the questions and "coaches up" candidates before they send them
over.  Is that an acceptable brain dump?  I don't know but what I do know is
that the open ended questions Tim proposed way back should help detect the
difference between true knowledge and a memorization of the correct answer.

--
Rumpi Gravenstein