Re: Questions for a Jr. DBA

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:28:51 +0530

Alan,

it is really an interesting question..you are saying you want a team
member...unfortunately many do not understand dba is/has to be a team
member..many are of the opnion that just take a dip or force some one to
take a dip in a tank called as dba training, as soon as he/she came out of
the tank he/she will be more colorful dba !!!

technical questions/knowldege matters..which can be shaped/shrpened
further..provided a dba attitude exists..
so what is your need basically..present days are of outsourcing...hence some
of the times he/she may have to work remotely..so how much you can dependent
on him/her..without changing him/her..you have to get work done from
him/her..

recently I read the book 'How to be organised in spite of yourself'..penguin
books usa..authors sunny schlenger, roberta roesch..it gave me a different
way of looking..habbits, attitude, attribute, characterstics does matters..

thanks..subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY