Re: Questions about Postgres and Oracle

  • From: Matthew Zito <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yparesh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 22:17:41 -0500

And bear in mind that EMC bought Greenplum, so I wouldn't be so concerned
about the financial health of Greenplum anymore.  There was a large-scale
database startup acquisition spree over the last few years - IBM bought
Netezza, Teradata bought Aster Data, HP bought Vertica, EMC bought
Greenplum, and Amazon is using ParAccel for their data
warehouse-as-a-service platform.
With all of these options available, it's going to be hard for Oracle to
keep market share on the very high end, which is why they're pushing
exadata so hard.

Matt