RE: Question about time accounting at your work

  • From: "Milen Kulev" <makulev@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 22:50:49 +0200

Hallo Chris,

yes, I have been on several customer sites  where I have seen management was
requesting to  fill in time-sheets in order to

1)   get rough information who is doing what and when

2)   get an overview how much time(aka money) a project costs

The issue with "not visible enough" usually pops up after one asks for
salary raise ;)

If other departments are billed for DBA services, then there should be a
scope, quantity and quality of services defined.

If this is not the case, discuss it with your manager. Do you use a
ticketing system ?  Request from other departments to get a ticket for
everything you do for them. Thus you will always have a proof what and when
you have done for each department.

HTH. Milen