RE: Pre-Approved database changes

  • From: Barbara Baker <barbarabbaker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 08:43:11 -0700 (PDT)

It's the great American way.
Big corporate officers get greedy and cheat people.
Congress attempts to legislate morality.  Out pops
Sarbanes-Oxley.

All major sw/hw vendors (at least IBM, Sun, and
Microsoft) to the rescue!  They're all offering what I
like to call "Sox in cellophane" -- a combo hw/sw
solution to assure your compliance.

Sadly, our company went with Microsoft.  They seem
convinced that all the need to do is purchase this
over-blown system from MS, put a bunch of crap on it
(sql server, enterprise editions of office, whatever
that is, and anything else costly), and magically all
things Sarbanes-Oxley will float towards this system,
to be sucked in like some big vacuum cleaner, and
voila!  we'll be compliant.

OK, so I'm a pessimist.  My coffee cup is half-empty.
(And cold, to boot).  I see major headaches for IT
folks ahead.

And me on my last bottle of Excedin.

Barb