Re: Outgrowing Standard Edition

  • From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jcdrpllist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 17:20:36 -0400

Hello Charlotte
My opinion is you ask an "evaluation version" of enterprise, migrate to it,
and see how much you save,
in example
in performnace, using materialized views and other enterprise options.
 in storate of backup (compressing backups)
in space of disk (using cmpression on tables  that works, and in 12c there
is a compresion in index that apparently works ( i didn't tested because
the one in11g was bad for performance.
safety, how much you will save if there is a problem and you are using
enterprise (block recovery, backups, etc.)
etc.
etc.

Then you see if what you save and how much you will have to pay, and then
you take a decision.
You don't need to have a biiig amount of data, to move to enterprise. You
need to save more than what you invest :)