Re: Oracle users and password changes

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 22:33:16 +0800

Mladen,

I wonder why you bother spending time on this email list if you deliberately
want to be  "Not Constructive" to say the least.

How does Oracle's automated password expiry help users who connect through
ODBC ?  Can YOUR documentation provide that solution ?

Hemant

At 12:26 AM Thursday, Mladen Gogala wrote:
DIANNA GIBBS wrote:
We need to set up a process where Oracle
users (currently few and mostly ODBC using Access) are notified
and can change their password dynamically every 90 days.

Most of the other companies have DBA personnel capable of reading documentation. More specifically, I believe that there is a "CREATE PROFILE" statement described in the
documentation and that the following options are supported:

Hemant K Chitale