Re: Global (and local) Temporary Tables & PL/SQL

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 07:35:41 -0700

On 4/4/07, Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 04/04/2007 02:07:25 PM, Brady, Mark wrote:

> Could you add a DDL trigger on before alter of that package to check
> existence of the table and create it if missing? The package will still
> go invalid but compile the first time.

If I was a believer, this would be the right time to say "oh my God"!
PL/SQL is a procedural language, not meant to be used for DDL. This
application should be completely re-engineered. How can people abuse
a decent, non-suspecting relational database like that? It's people like

Geez, Mladen, this is really over the top.

Sorry, there just isn't any place here for that kind of  abuse.

--
Jared Still