Re: Oracle security - Book recommendation

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 07:20:30 -0700

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Guillermo Alan Bort
<cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Best Oracle Security site: http://www.petefinnigan.com/ (Pete usually
> writes in this list as well).
>
> There it at least one book by him in Amazon: Oracle Security: Step-by-Step

Here's the URL.
http://www.amazon.com/Oracle-Security-Step-Step-Finnigan/dp/0972427341/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274710414

This is an excellent book.  It contains step by step details on achieving
varying levels of security.  If you  want one, now's the time to get it, as
there are three copies on Amazon. As the book has been out of print
for a few years now, there's no guarantees of finding it again.

I also have Litchfields book, and though I've only read part of it, the
parts I have read are quite good.  Finnigan's book is more of a 'how to'
security book, while Litchfield's is more about understanding the
security issues of Oracle software.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com