Oracle recovery

  • From: "M.Godlewski" <mcgodlewski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

Believe it or not the database I'm currently using the DBA is forcing us to use
exports as our applications recovery scenario.  I'm trying to locate
information about archive logging and the tablespace point in time recovery
versus full database recovery.  I wanted to find some kind of percentages about
the number of databases that need full database recovery (ie applying all
archive logs) and percentages of databases that only needed TSPIR.

I thinking if I can get some type of failure rate it could help sway him into
using archive log mode which would give us better recovery options.