Re: Oracle recovery

  • From: "David Green" <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 14:20:01 -0500 (CDT)

> Believe it or not the database I'm currently using the DBA is forcing us
> to use exports as our applications recovery scenario.  I'm trying to
> locate information about archive logging and the tablespace point in time
> recovery versus full database recovery.  I wanted to find some kind of
> percentages about the number of databases that need full database recovery
> (ie applying all archive logs) and percentages of databases that only
> needed TSPIR.

When you say applications recovery, do you mean structure only and that
the DBA may only be using this plan for structural backup and not taking
into account data mods?  It may just be semantics, but I was curious if
this was in regards to database recovery plan or application/structural
backups....
- David