RE: "Oracle Streams" by Madhu Tumma

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:04:42 +0100

>Don Burleson is not just an editor, he's the owner
>of Rampart Press. Quite surprising that he
>would recommend a book his company published, eh?
>
>--Terry

Hi

IMHO it's very unprofessional and almost fraudulent behaving like this. I don't
understand why companies like Amazon are supporting it as well. A good example
is available here
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0974599336/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/103-9162065-1954230?%5Fencoding=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=507846.
 Notice that from the 5 reviews that give more than *one* star (of course 4 or
5!) at least 3 are well know people working for Rampant. INDECENT!

Have a nice day,
Chris

PS: Yes, being interested in everything around the CBO I bought Floss' book.
This is for sure my first and last book of this editor.