Re: Oracle - MS Access - Does your company have a policy about local vs. centralized data storage? (Perhaps a bit off topic?)

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 14:30:17 -0700

two realities are identical. In the case of this company revenues were being
misreported as well but to the downside and the company took it in stride,
many of the division chiefs were very upset and it took a long time to
convince them that the warehouse was correct but we spun it to them saying
profits were actually higher as percentage as they now had a smaller

Financial data being misreported is a serious offense for SOX-audited
companies. This in itself should force your users to move off
Access/Excel to an auditable reporting platform such as Oracle.

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc