Re: Oracle 11.2 as RMAN Catalog - My experience

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Robillard <david.robillard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:11:48 -0300

As it turns out, the problem is only when you migrate the catalog using
export import. What you should do is increse the controlfile record keep
time, sync it, connect to the new catalog and regiser the DB. you can reduce
the cf_record_keep_time after the first resync with the new catalog.

I'd avoid using local disks if at all possible, but I don't think the
problem was with the hardware.

We chose to downgrade the catalog to 10.2.0.4.0, so I don't really know what
happened with the bug.

cheers.
Alan.-

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:23 PM, David Robillard <david.robillard@xxxxxxxxx