Re: OT - tablet or e-reader for reading manuals / course books

  • From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 21:44:09 -0500

Freek,
I first bought a Kindle E-reader and later bought a Google Nexus 7. I agree
that just simply reading the words for a long period of time is easier. If
you are in sunlight, the ereader screen is easier to read. If you are in
the dark the backlit screen is easier. Database materials often involve
diagrams and I think the tablet displays them better.
    Also, if you want to check your email while you are reading, then the
tablet is better.
    I must add that the Google tablet and the Kindle Ereader together cost
less than an iPad.

Dennis Williams