Re: OT: What about creating a repository of scripts of oracle-l

  • From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jcdrpllist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 19:52:55 -0400

Very nice Jeremy :),
I was thinking in this idea but I'm not sure how reliable it is.
The idea I was thinking some was about a shared repository, most sites has
script in example http://psoug.org/browse.htm?cid=4, but there is not
something more ordered.
In different levels
1) common functions
One example is a package having all numeric functions or date functions
oracle hasn't.
2) Useful queries
How to get the sql one session is executing and how to find their bindings
3) specific scripts for specific tasks
  in example how to export in oracle 7 to Oracle 8i from linux to Oracle
4) The most important how to get easy to search and get Oracle people use
them.

Maybe this could be only for oracle-l list, some one should have the task
to update, but the amount of scripts and task in Oracle are too much.
But at the same time the fact there are so much task, causes the need of
having a library of script, wrote by people with experience.

In conclusion it is a dilemma :)