best DBA script collection

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:20:13 -0600

I'm curious what's everybody's opinion on the best collection of scripts.
 I know that lots of DBAs have their own personal/private collection but
I'm talking about collections that have been posted publicly.

Two that come to mind right away are Tim Halls (oracle-base) and Tanel
Poder's (tpt/tanel-poder-troubleshooting seminars).  Personally I prefer
Tanel's for two reasons:
1) shorter names, this is totally subjective but i prefer short names for
quick typing instead of explanatory names
2) slightly more sophisticated login/init scripts, fewer "set linesize"
commands in individual scripts (i've modified tanel's login to detect
terminal width and set linesize accordingly)

What other good script collections are out there in the public that you
like?  I'm probably missing a bunch of obvious ones.

-Jeremy

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider