RE: New book

  • To: "Ted Coyle" <Ted.Coyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:36:25 +0200

Hi Ted

> Have you used Graig's models to predict scalability/performance?

First of all they are not Graig's models ;-)

I use such models not that often as I would like. Unfortunately most
companies like the reactive way... But IMHO that has started to
change...

> If so, how accurate are they?  I'm finding M/M/m and linear
> models fall short, but I've pre-ordered the book anyway.

Of course you never get a high precision. But it's much better than
doing no CP at all!

Even if you use some expensive tools, IMHO, the precision is not much
higher. The problem, most of the time, is to feed them with good data
(garbage in, garbage out...).

HTH
Chris