oci timing help

  • From: "Henry Poras" <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:45:02 -0400

Boy, do I feel ignorant when it comes to OCI. I am trying to get some timing
data out of oci to compare times at the oci layer to times spent at the
databae (10046) to times measured in our application. It seems that what I
need is a shared library, and an environment variable (ORA_OCI_UCBPKG)
setting to access this library. Tanel touched on some of this (
//www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/12-2005/msg00037.html ), but I'm
not sure what to put in the library. Do I need to associate a gettimeofday
call with each possible oci call? Can all oci calls be timed by default? Is
there a template somewhere? (I'm not much of a c programmer). Any help would
be appreciated. I know what I want to do, it's the details that are killing
me.

Thanks.

Henry