Re: Mutliplexing control/redo files

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:47:26 +1100

Same here.  And the FRA is in yet another LUN.
That way I can be saving the archived redo logs in the FRA at the same time redo is being acted upon and copied to archive, with very little overhead.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

Yechiel Adar wrote,on my timestamp of 25/01/2011 10:54 PM:
There was one point I did not see in the thread.
I use separate mount point for:
1) Redo - our San administrator put redo on fast (and costly) disks.
2) Archive - For two reasons:
A - I do not care for the archives to fill up the database disk.
B - Cheaper disks as this is only write once, read once.

Yechiel Adar
Israel