RE: Mutliplexing control/redo files

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "rodd.holman@xxxxxxxxx" <rodd.holman@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 10:03:29 -0500

Not that is really matters but at least for my environment there is no
guarantee that a mount point will always and forever be used exclusively for
oracle data.  I follow a similar standard but name the mount points generically
followed by $ORACLE_SID

i.e. /u01/PRODDB1
       /u01/PRODDB2
      /u02/PRODDB1

Not a huge deal but I'm not getting much done at work today and felt like
putting in my 2 cents.

Chris