Re: Moving db to linux

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:29:34 -0800

or netcat, should rsh be outlawed at your site.

Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 02/26/2004 12:18 PM
 Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Moving db to linux

What you need is a magic wand. On Solaris, it's called "rsh".
The spell goes like this:
System A, prior to the operation:
mknod expdat.dmp p
System B, prior to the operation:
mknod exp_remote.dmp p

System A, engaging the enemy:
exp parfile=myexp.par 2>/dev/null &
dd if=expdat.dmp|rsh dd of=exp_remote.dmp

imp parfile=myimp.par file=exp_remote.dmp log=/vmunix

oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >                                              Sent: Wednesday, February
25, 2004 7:22 PM
> >                                              Subject: Moving db to
linux

> >                                              Im, going to be moving a
220 GB 8.1.7.4 database
> > from HP-UX to Red Hat AS 3.0 running 9.2.0.4.0.  I'm
> > told that we have to use export/import to get that
> > job done.  I plan to work through pipes and use
> > split to keep the file sizes to 2 GB or less to
> > aviod large file issues between the platforms.  Does
> > anyone know of other issues that may trip me up?
> >
> >                                              Thanks In Advance
> >
> >                                                              Allan L.
Nelson
> >                                                              Oracle