** MV questions

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:54:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
    1) I am gettting error ORA-12014 when creating a MV on local table with
complete refresh. Not on MV log create. Sounds strange.
Primary key cannot be created on this table. I do not need fast refresh anyway.
Why does it need PK for complete refresh. I tried creating a MV log with rowid
option on the table and that did not help either.
Any workaround.
  2) Is there any issue with creating a MV on a MV. For some reason access is
not available to the original table.
  3) For getting sql being executed by a session I generally use
v$sqlarea.sql_text by joining it with address.
However, I see that sometimes if a session is doing DDL like create I cannot
get it. Is there some other way of getting ddl. Especially in case of heavy
load and trying to find out what a long running session is doing.
  4) What is the difference between  Number and decimal datatype : Manual says :
  DECIMAL
A decimal number with up to 15 significant digits.

NUMBER
A decimal number with up to 38 significant digits.
When I specify DECIMAL in the create table and then look at describe table I
see it creates it as NUMBER. On 9i. So is it synonymous or is there something
DECIMAL can do that NUMBER cannot or vice versa.

  5) I have schema schemaA which has a table tableA, tableB. Another schema
schemaB has a view viewA selecting from these tables. There is user userC who
needs to select from view viewA. I gave grant on schemaA tables to schemaB with
"grant option". Then select on viewA was granted to userC. Did not work. :
error :
  ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
  Then after long struggle I gave select any table  select any dictionary to
userD. It works with just those two privs. Howver if I grant select on viewA to
userC it does not work. STrange.

  Please help on any of the above items. Sorry about too many Q.  Thanks for
help.

  Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com