Re: Statistics graphing and analysis

  • From: "David Mann" <dmann99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:09:33 -0400

> Subject: Statistics graphing and analysis
> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:16:04 -0500
> From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I'm hoping that I can get a few of you to give feedback / input on tools
> or perhaps even methods for graphing statistics.  Currently I've got a
> variety of OS tools gathering OS

<snip>

Hi Dave,

I have some simple statistics (SAR, iostat, and custom queries) that I graph
using shell scripts and Gnuplot. If you have more complex data you could
certainly use a Perl program to massage data and format files for Gnuplot
and achieve the same result.

Here is a post on my blog that covers making a shell script to record the
total number of Oracle sessions and graph it:
http://www.ba6.us/?p=36

-- Dave

--
Dave Mann